Monday, June 05, 2006

To Party at one end of Selangor or the Other? Pros and cons to date!

Yes, here comes THE question. Which part of Selangor to party in? Yes, Petaling Jaya, home to the FAS Faculty of UTAR is located in (tada...*slaps forehead*) Selangor. You're NOT in KL people. Go along the Federal Highway and see the huge double archway about ten minutes from Jln Univesiti's turnoff, cross it and you will be in (waah! *bangs head on table*) Kuala Lumpur. Seriously.

I need input. Like, no input means I'll just minus you people from the equation. Haha. I was half-joking. I'm no quitter. And I'm dead set on this party thing. Our only glitch at the moment is Mr Hakim is NOT in town. Goodie. And nobody is willing to call. Oh wait, Andrew is calling. K has some issues and he is complaining. That's call 'buruk siku' you know! I realise you had to make some 'unwanted' calls yesterday. So make them. I gave you a choice when I asked you to do it.

Anyhow, here's the dilemma.

House 1, SS14 Subang Jaya, SELANGOR
It's not to say walking distance or even cycling distance from UTAR PJ campus. It is reasonably sized and the pool's cozy. It needs some work before it can be a true party venue. Work, of which, as young people, we should do because everything is experience. It's an ideal place, in my opinion and most of the main organisers.

I'm not sure of buses heading into the area but according to Wendy, there are buses. It did take me only about 20 minutes to get there in my car from the campus BUT it was not 'jam hours'. The highway and area around SS14 are VERY famous as the stars of the daily morning and evening traffic jam reports. Buses don't run after 11 do they? So...I really don't understand the initial argument which I will elaborate later.

Pool 2, Astaria, Taman Kosas, Ampang, SELANGOR
It is rumoured to have a BIG pool. Our researcher of the area, Andrew, has seen it and confirmed its size. It's big people. And...it's more than half the price of House 1 unfortunately. Why unfortunate? Because it is in...AMPANG, apparently. *shrug*

Distance from PJ to Ampang is, notably longer than it takes to reach Subang Jaya. You'll have to take the LRT Putra either to Jelatek/Dato Keramat station and then catch a bus/taxi to the place. Or you can opt to switch trains at the Putra LRT Masjid Jamek station to the Star LRT Masjid Jamek station. Both stations are right next to each other. Cute huh. And it's actually on the way NOT out of the way. Finally, you will arrive at the Star LRT Ampang station. There are lots of buses that go in the direction of Astaria. I KNOW not everyone has a car but there are always taxis running around in Ampang area. It is a nighttime town, so to speak. Jalan Ampang is very famous and Astaria is just off this famous road.

HELP! I'm in a complete dilemma. Maybe the actual guests can give their opinion? Anyway, Andrew's (hopefully!) is still trying to contact Mr Hakim who owns House 1 or manages it at least. Does anybody have any other leads on how to get ahold of the guy?

Oh, and if you have any questions about the venues before I hold a vote...just ask! Email is possible too at: MZ.diablo@gmail.com

PS Joshua, can I post this on the ants blog too? I'll correct my English and my phrasing, etc. Er, of course, I'll 'nicen' the whole thing. Maybe make in boxes kind of comparison? Dunno la. But I thought if we can't decide ourselves, maybe we should let the kiddies decide? But I also don't like the idea of er, letting them know about this. LOL. But it's a good thing too.

No comments: