Friday, June 16, 2006

Construct: Build and Destroy

In case anyone's wondering, my taste in games lies in the absolutely pointless ones. For me, it's like, what's the point of playing a game if it uses too much brainpower? I'm trying to enjoy myself. My brain cells (limited as they are right now after having a dozen too many instant noodles) are to be used solely for the purpose of studying and learning life's skills. Hence, the love for mindless, pure fun.

Take, for instance, the mindless car racing game for PS2, Need For Speed: Underground. It is absolutely pointless. There are four types of racing in the game known as Drag, Drift, Laps and Knock-outs. Pointless. There is no use for it in real life. In fact, it is bad for real life. Hello? Knocking about public property? Speeding at 180km/h? CRASHING into buildings or cars due to dangerous weaving in and out of traffic? Other than that, it is a fun game. I like doing up the vinyls and trying to install parts which will help my gameplay. Hey, not everyone likes a 'weightless' car. Personally, I like some weight so that my turns can be sharp without going into spin.

Next up is The Simpsons: Hit And Run. I love it. The quirkiness. The storyline. The voices. The races. The insane missions! Yes, no brainpower needed to complete the game.

Another pre-loved game of mine is probably the PC game Midtown Madness 2. Being a cabby on the streets of London is no small matter! I had training in ship (real, sea worthy ones bobbing on the Thames) hopping, speed racing, 180 degrees turns, etc. My favourite 'unlocked' car is, of course, the invisible sports car. Uh, somehow though, the police still can see me and chase me down when I drive that one.

Oh hey, I only just noticed my tendency of loving racing games!


On to my main point (don't give me that "What! She's been crapping all along?" look), I am so bouncy bouncy happy happy today because I have been given the hope that I'll be able to play the DOS game Constructor by Acclaim today. Yes...after years of waiting and searching, finally somebody (Bra-thoven and InSeanity of http://utarants.blogcome.com/) has shown me the way. Yay! I finished downloading the game... but I'm feeling rather apprehensive of installing the game! What if I can't play it? I can't bear the thought!

However, someone told me to try it. Better to have tried and failed then to be scared to not have done anything about it.

I am being overdramatic! Not like me yet SO like me.

So, with my hopes up (way way up!), I shall forge on and install the game right after I publish this post. Wish me lots of luck. I'm going to need it since tomorrow I'm having a midterm exam. Can someone find my lookalike and send her over to take the exam for me?

Toodles sweeties!

No comments: