Wednesday, January 09, 2008

I can Quote, too!

“So Mr So-and-So, I assume you have a plan?” she said with a devious glint in her eye. Her bright pink lipstick caught the light and sparkled like faux diamonds.

Raising an eyebrow, he replied with a cocky tone, “Of course I do.”

This is a normal scene in a day at work. Another day, another quote.

“You tanya I “What’s wrong?”” she said angrily as she gestured wildly.

“Sumpah there is nothing!” he tried in vain to defend himself.

She had seen it happen with her own eyes. It was going to be hard to convince her otherwise. She was already using the ‘you’ and ‘i’ for heaven’s sake! That is ALWAYS a dangerous sign.

Yes, I love all the scandals that goes on in the office. It’s just fantastic! And what you just read was only the tip of the iceberg of the TV3 2p.m local Malay drama show! There’s still the Thai (also drama) programme that comes on later and we’re eagerly anticipating the new one because the old series ended yesterday. Now that final episode was the BOMB! The guy SHOT his mother (she didn’t die to my disappointment) and yet got away scot-free even though the poor girl lost the baby in her womb because this same guy kicks her and pushes her to the ground (where she ter-whack her tummy against some steps...ooo! I was all aghast!).

This is karma. Because I’ve ignored the Television God for a long time, he’s now back in full force to make sure I fulfil my quota of television watching.

At any rate, it’s not that I’m doing nothing. I do go out and interview people, ask questions, etc. The whole she-bang if you will. It’s just that today is a particularly slow day and thus I am able to write an update (whoopee? Or whoopee! You decide).

I think, the next time someone tells me that news is being made every second (thus people in the news industry like us should be busy 24/7) I will merely smile and know better.

Sure, news is being made every second. But is the news worthy enough that every single person in the country should know of it? Is it even relevant? The launching of a new car might be bigger news to let’s say a motorcyclist crashing into a car but only escaping with minor injuries. Now if he died or his brain leaked out of.... Oh wait, that only applies if I was actually there to, er, record the event. Otherwise it’d just be a Bnama story.

Mood: Could be chippier
Song of the day: la-la-la-la-Sesame Street!
Today’s wishlist: The letter O and another pair of slacks.

PS I missed this but it’s on now (3pm) so I remembered the Indonesian Bawang Putih Bawang Merah soap. I’ve REALLY got to stop writing. This is absolutely RIVETING stuff I tell you.

3 comments:

Ithildin Galad said...

ur into soap operas now??

LOL!

Memedi-kun said...

...

The person who only wishes to be identified has Memedi claimed that because of the television location in her office is the reason why she started watching it.

Memedi added that her use of sarcasm in writing may have to be polished some more.

Ithildin Galad said...

eeee mekz, i saw our former student rep today! there, the 'happy' one. not the tall macho one.

XD so freaky
i knew it was him.