Wednesday, February 06, 2008

New Year, New Year

Chinese New Year is the best and worst time of the year.

It’s the best because it’s a holiday. Holidays are always the best. Admittedly I did want to continue working this time (and I had a change of heart and decided that bullying my homecoming brother was much better for my health) but all in all, holidays are the BEST.

Worst. Because of the weather. I don’t know if you guys (except you guys who know me well and you know who you are) know of it but I start sneezing horribly in extremely hot weather. And from there, I will inevitably start having a flu and thus, my runny/blocked nose will ruin my day completely.

Oh, there is a second reason why it’s the worst time of the year. The extended family. I’ve nothing personally against them but sometimes I just don’t get how I am in a gene pool with them and we can all be so...er, different. Differences make for interesting conversation but I’m no social bugger most of the time (though my line of jobs requires me to be a somewhat ‘sociable’ and ‘approachable’) and thus, I hate making small talk with them.

Erk, actually, the truth is that it’s not the small talk, it’s the unsaid words and the definitely weird attitude I get from some of them that just irks me and makes me feel like smacking them.

Overall however, I love my family. Oh, so Happy Chinese New Year it is then.

Today’s mood: Morning wake up mood Very Happy, After Chatting with As mood Irritated, Upon Completing a New and Insignificant Post for Blog mood Ah Well.
Song of the Day: Bartender by Natural High
On top of today’s wishlist: The letter N bear, skirt from Osixnine and good food!Things to give me in ‘angpao’ now: Money, good wishes, gossip, delicious and/or pretty tidbits.

1 comment:

Ithildin Galad said...

hmmm.

relatives are... well. Hmm. ahem.

spill all on friday! I am confirmed off this friday (feb 15) so we go grab some food n bitch to our hearts content, coz there is SO much to bitch about! XD

friday, then! u tell me what time la :)