Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Month where One is Supposed to be a Goody-2-Shoes

Hypocrites. Really. Just because its a holy month so everyone's being nice to each other and doing charity work? Like, what happened to the rest of year? Hypocrites. Most of them anyway. I know a few who do them all year and those people are those I really respect and admire. Me? I have zero patience for such things but call on me anytime for planning or organising. I love such stuff.

Anyhow, I've just been through an eventful weekend! There was this HUGE drama going on between my wife and her university pal. I've met this pal of hers a few times and I thought she was pretty cool, something like me, my wife and our mutual friends. I was thinking, at LEAST there is someone normal at my wife's university.

That was until this. I've never met a more pitiful person my whole life (well, maybe a few).

Really. She says she totally envies my wife because of all the friends she has whom she is so close with (meaning me and the others). Like, of course we're all so close and familiar with each other. We practically grew up together! I've known E since we were in Standard One. Same goes for the others or at least most of them.

Then she comes up with that freakish line of how she wants to be exactly like E and later on she says the same thing to L (I love the way you eat! I love the way you walk! I love, love, love!). Like, stay away please, stalker-type?

Luckily I had listened to E rattling all the way back from Melaka (the whole two hours plus!) and managed to dodge the bullet when it came my way. You see, this intruder upon my circle of friends had seen it fit to crash at people's homes though they were not invited and definitely not wanted. Close call! Poor E did not even spend any time with her family the last week and its making her upset.

All-in-all, I suppose one needs to let time pass by awhile before one can really say that one knows another person. Personally? I'd love to be friends with the whole wide world (isn't this a line from an old song or something?) but that's just crazy thinking maybe. I'm pretty contented with my friends as of now. I wish people who'd intrude upon others and especially so shamelessly and without a care would just wake up and sniff the air...its smelly and dirty because of them. Shoo shoo! Give me back my clear and fresh air.

I'm going off to Thailand tomorrow! Chiang Mai/Chiang Rai to be exact. It's now 1a.m and I've yet to pack my bags. Another 8 more hours to boarding time! I've got to figure out is 23 degrees Celcius is cold or not for me quick so that I can start deciding what to bring. Too bad my favourite umbrella's sitting on the workstation at the place I'm interning at. (Go get it for me already J!)

No comments: