Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Webmasters are Sucky when they're Not You

I'm a big fan of controversy actually. I don't really think it's useful or good actually (sometimes) but I really like them. It makes life interesting.

In the past few years, I've tried really hard to curb my well-known temper. Yes, VERY well known in secondary school days. I believe I've curbed it successfully too. I don't lose it too easily and it makes life easier.

Once of the best examples would be the former 1G editorial at K-T-A-R when the ed (really amusing and NOT amusing at the same time) kept changing and changing the contents and ideas for the editorial. Nyum. Somehow, the other depts didn't redo anything but the Graphics Dept had to change our work (I'm so happy my dept was so understanding) just about four or five times. No problem right?

There was actually. We had DATELINES to adhere to on all those CHANGES. And we MADE those datelines only to have either the ed or the co-ed tell us, 'Oh, sorry, we're going to have to change...'

Seriously. Was it any surprise I Resigned after I completed the Prototype? Geez. The jokers must've thought it was such a f-ing breeze to do such stuff because they never bothered to keep fighting for it to be out. In fact, I believe and KNOW that, once I resigned, the whole thing just sort of...stopped. F to the maximum degree.

Why am I complaining? I agreed to do the work. If boss wants it changed, change la. What's my problem?

I had to f-ing do all the EDITTING work for one. With three other dept eds, one ed in chief and one co-ed, you would think the job would be done. EVERY article had to be editted for simple GRAMMATICAL mistakes and spelling errors. A, even had the cheek to tell me, don't edit the 'purposeful' errors. Hello b-dy head? I'm not stupid.

Then, the mag was supposed to be 30 pages. And those f-ing i's gave me THIRTY articles exactly. More Than Half the articles didn't even reach 150 words. How the f-ing h was I suppose to make 30 pages? And the articles! Lousy! No direction given by the dept eds to their reporters and writers on what the f to write. So they wrote on stuff like...'How to Remember your Dreams'. That one was a record. only 62 words. Haha. That's ONE article for you. to be fitted into ONE page. What size font was I to use? 100? So, you guessed it, I WROTE about 9 PAGES worth of articles. PERSONALLY.

And they thought I was overreacting?!?!!?

Anyway, it's all in the past. I don't hold grudges against those people. I just think they make f-ing lousy bosses for NOT doing what their job titles entails. The 'and more' part is just an extra. They could've told us the problems they faced with finance and see what bright ideas a team of b-dy 35 people could come up with! (as it was, my graphics dept had to divide the letters of the dictionary among ourselves to think up names for the thing. what's the f-ing WRITING dept doing with a staff of 12 people compared to my 6?)

So, when bozu changed the layout suddenly after telling me his set theme and asking me to make a banner. All this memories of irritatingness rushed back and served to heighten the sensation of deja vu and, well...irritatingness.

Well, haha. I'm not taking any of the likes no more at least until I reach the working world. Hence, I wanna and I'm gonna quit being the bozu's sendiri punya lai list of 'workers'. Doesn't anybody check who's more capable before appointment? Humph.

No comments: